Operation Christmas Child List of Monthly Items
- We are collecting Pillow Cases all year and then will make girls dresses out of them.
- January: Sewing Kits: Thread, Needles, Pins, Zipper Pouch. Bead Kits: Plastic Thread, Twine, Pony Beads, Parachute Chord
- February: Wash Clothes, Mild Soap
- March: Toothbrushes, Small Blankets, Tool Kits: NEW Hammer, Pliers, Screwdriver, Nails
- April: Hairbrushes, Combs, Hair Clips, Toy Jewelry, Ball Caps, Small Plastic Bowls & Cups
- May: Small Picture Books, Small Coloring Books (Crayons collected in August when cheaper)
- June: Matchbox Cars, Stuffed Toys, Dolls, Harmonicas, Yo-Yo’s, At Least One Yard of Cotton Fabric
- July: Jump Ropes, Slinky, Paddle Balls, Sun Glasses, Watches, Fishing Kits: NEW Fishing Line, Hooks, Bobbers, Sinkers (no rubber worms)
- August: School Supplies on Sale! Pencils, Pens, Sharpeners, Erasers, Crayons, Spiral Notebooks, Paper, Writing Pads, Glue Sticks, Child Safe Scissors (No liquid glue, No Hard Bound Notebooks or Binders—too big)
- September: Socks, Boys Shirts, Ball Caps, Simple & Modest Girls Dresses & Tank tops
- October: Packing Shoeboxes & Fundraiser for Shipping; Dedication of Boxes
Do NOT include: Used or damaged items; no war-related items such as toy guns, knives, military figures; no candy or food; no liquids or lotions; no breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; no aerosol cans. No Money for the child. Remember: When buying, especially toys-they have to fit in a shoebox along with many other items.