Who We Are
Who We Are
The mission of the church is to honor God by bringing lives into harmony with Him and one another through evangelism, worship, discipleship, fellowship and service.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Pastor Dane Mauslein
Hello! I am honored to be the pastor of Hammond Avenue Brethren Church. My wife & I are excited to get to know you and what God is doing in your life and the life of HABC. Here is a quick bio about me. If you have questions or would like to connect, I would love to chat with you soon.
- Family: Caitlin, wife
- Hometown: Hiawatha, KS
- Highland Community College, Highland, KS. Associate Degree, May 2009.
- Washburn University, Topeka, KS. Human Services with emphasis in Addiction Counseling, December 2011.
- Ashland Theological Seminary, Ashland, OH. Master of Divinity, December 2017.
- Favorite Bible Verse: 2 Corinthians 5:21: “For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”
- Want to connect? Best ways to contact me:
- Email: email@example.com
- Call church office (319-234-4094) & schedule an appointment
- My normal office hours are Monday to Thursday 9am to 1pm.
At HABC, we believe that our impact on our community is equally important to what happens on Sunday mornings. We support a variety of both local and international ministries throughout the year. Below is a list of only a selection of the ministries that we support. For a complete list of ministries or with questions about why we support these specific ministries, please contact the office for more information.
- Operation Christmas Child (click here to see our monthly list)
- Pen Pal Ministry with Kittrell Elementary School
- Ashland Theological Seminary
- Brethren Disaster Ministries